Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Moveable Table construction question.

edited 6:30PM in EggHead Forum
I am in the process of building a table. During the winter Humpty is safe in the garage, to be wheeled out onto the driveway as needed. During the summer Humpty is moved to open range, he's a free range egg. (read back yard) The trip is up and over a single step twice. How do peopel secure their eggs to tables during a somewhat long and bumpy trip? FF

Comments

• eggoreggor Posts: 777
    Fearless Flatlander,[p]my small egg table is kind of an offroader, it can handle a single 7 inch step no problem. It may be difficut to see in the pic but there is a metal spacer at the base. There are four tabs, about 1 inch long and an inch wide, bent up. The cut out for the table top only has an 1/8 clearance around the egg.[p]I should be able to go up about a 70 degree incline before the egg falls out, but the table would fall over at about 30 degrees.[p]Scott

[ul][li]clicky here[/ul]
  • eggor,[p]hey man, that's a pretty cool table!
  • eggoreggor Posts: 777
    dixie_flyer,[p]thanks, thought about it for months before I came up with the design.[p]Scott