Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Can you use a BGE in the rain?

TulsaMurphTulsaMurph Posts: 131
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dear God, I wish I could! I have the equipment; 1 Large BGE, 1 7# pork butt, Wicked Good Charcoal, 1 family ready for pulled pork, all we need is some rain! This is getting ridiculous, I was riding my Honda in short sleeves today, it should be 35 degrees. As I was cruising home from church, I could smell the smoke in the air again (a pretty common occurance latey) and the wind blowing my way. It does kind of remind me why I can't go fire that puppy up.

I know, there are those posting on this site who would truly be thankful for such a small inconvenience as to be unseasonably dry and warm, and I am thankful for an awful lot of blessings, I'm just ready for some back porch fun.

Cold, wet and or fierce weather will be upon us before we know it, so I guess I had better be careful what I wish for. All you folks sipping an adult beverage and tapping the dampers, think of us in dry country and enjoy!