Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Since 7:00 am...

JakeJake Posts: 92
edited 8:10AM in EggHead Forum
..this morning I've had a bboneless Boston Butt on. Dome has been 230-240 dome. Polder says 161 internal. I've got two butts that weigh 3 LBS each. Its been 9 hours. I thought 2-2 and a half hours a pound. Still good? Crank it? What to expect?[p]Jake

Comments

• BBQ-BoBBBQ-BoB Posts: 124
    Jake,
    What kind of resistance do you get when you stick the probe in and out? Should have little to none. Are you sure your Polder is accurate?[p]Two 3 pound pieces of meat should be done by now. At temps around 225-250 I usually ballpark times of 1 1/2 - 2 hours per pound.[p]Not sure if you did or didn't but lifting lids or opening doors too much extends cooking times due to heat loss and recovery times.[p]I'd check things with a different thermo along with checking the resistance in the meat first.[p]If it isn't done bump up the temp some.