Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Twine on a BostonButt...

Options
Jake
Jake Posts: 92
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

does it need to come off or stay on? Also, I want to ditto the fella earlier. I have become sick (in the best way)with my new BGE and this forum. Read it every night. Wife thinks I'm looney. Tommorow is going to be my 1st Butt (low and slow). What's your set up on the EGG?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    jake,
    Sounds like you gots a butt that they ripped the bone out of. I'm thinkin it's cool like it is, just rub it up and go. Or if'n ya wanted to you could cut it open and slather some nice goop or rub all over the inside and roll it back up and tie it off again.[p]Nice to see your enthusiasm, and the fact that you are posting it here. Wife used to think I was looney too....especially when I decided to change careers because of it.[p]Happy cookin mang.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Seattle Todd
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Totally agree with NB's sentiments. Seattle ain't big BBQ country so it's hard to find good cuts. So I've cooked and eaten a lot of boneless, tied butts. I generally don't touch the twine because I don't want to fuss with trying to put them back together if they're a 'loose' cut that needs the twine to stay together. [p]And yeah my wife thinks I'm nuts too. I just got permission a couple nights ago to attend Eggtoberfest but she still doesn't get it. But I must say she DOES get the Egg in regards to what comes off it.[p]Go Seahawks!!![p]Todd
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    You are nuts Chris! Now that we have a bunch of newbies around when do we tell them about the grape Kool-Aid? [p]Welcome to the Cult of the Big Green Egg Jake.