Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leg O Lamb - is it too late for xmass photos?

Options
jerseymatt
jerseymatt Posts: 112
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
[img][/img]lambseasoned.jpg
<p />This was w/o the bone rubbed inside w/ garlic EVOO Salt and Parsley. Rolled and tied then coated with a turkish spice rub. more on the way

Comments

• edbro
    edbro Posts: 300
    Options
    JerseyMatt,
    Which Turkish spice rub? Sumac?

• jerseymatt
    Options
    edbro,[p]The spice rub recipe follow...I also added some cardamom powder - very good.[p]Ingredients
    3 tablespoons allspice berries
    2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
    2 teaspoons fennel seeds
    2 teaspoons cumin seeds
    2 teaspoons coriander seeds
    1-inch piece of cinnamon stick
    1 teaspoon cloves[p]Instructions
    Combine the spices in a spice mill or clean coffee grinder and grind to a powder. Store in
    an air-tight container.

• edbro
    edbro Posts: 300
    Options
    jerseymatt,
    Yes, that does sound good. I thought you were using one of the unique Turkish spices, like sumac. I ask because I don't think you can get it over here. I go to Turkey once a year and bring back spices, olives, EEVO, etc. (don't tell the Agric. Dept.)

• JerseyMatt,
    Beautiful job, but unless I missed it tonight how about the set up,cooking temp, time temp etc. Thank you

• jerseymatt
    Options
    Richard ,
    Richard I did a direct on a raised grill at around 350-400. I don't recall how long cause I used a Webber Meat thermometer and yanked it at 135. I think it was around 45 min to 1 hr.?