Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vegies

Options
Dean
Dean Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As I mentioned in my other posting, I just got my egg, so I'm in my experimental phase. I was wondering how vegetables worked on it. I did a summer squash and a red pepper tonight with my meat. Plenty of room on the grill to try other stuff. Anybody have any special onion recipes? Has anyone done a cauliflower? Other suggestions for side dishes while the main course cooks?

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Dean,[p]Just about everything I've tried has turned out great! I often do large onion slices (1/2 inch or better), brushed with a little olive oil! Carrots brushed with melted butter (with just a little brown sugar) and cinnamon is another winner. One last thought is eggplant. Season or marinade well, and grill and eat like hamburger.[p]Keep experimenting and tell us on the forum how it turned out![p]Smokey

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Dean,
    Try sweet potatoes, brush them with olive oil, at 300 to 350 degrees, direct, for about one hour.

• Dean,
    Scoop out the center of a Vidalia or any other type of onion. Just cut a whole in the center about 2" deep 1/2" across. Fill with honey and butter, spinkle kosher salt on the outside of the onion and wrap in foil. Cook for say 20 mins. mmmmmmmmmmmmm