Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 things at once???

Options
Jake
Jake Posts: 92
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had beer butt chick tonight and eggcelent. Tomorrow, parents are coming over for ribs. Mom and wife want country style ribs and dad wants pork spares. I know how to cook em separately but not together. Been reading about it but can't decide. Don't have time separately. Please help me as this forum already has several times since my birth (BGE) at Christmas?

Comments

• OctoberGlory
    Options
    I'd do the spare ribs early - then wrap'm in foil and put in a cooler to rest. Then put on the country ribs timed to come off when you're about ready to eat. When you take the country ribs off - pull out your spare ribs, brush with BBQ sauce and finish direct on the egg

Plate it up and serve to smiles all around - enjoy.

OctoberGlory
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    jake,[p]I'd suggest starting off by cooking your spares as you normally would... mine usually go 6-7 hours indirect around 250 dome. Two or three hours into your spares cook, add your country style ribs and cook indirect alongside the spares.
    You may need to periodically shift both around to cook evenly and get a good color but you should be able to get both cuts to finish close together.
    If I had to choose, I'd want to the country style to finish first. If they do, just foil them and keep them warm until the spares finish.[p]Good Luck!
    John