Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ash scraper-outer alternative

AlanAlan Posts: 72
edited 11:13PM in EggHead Forum
For those of you who are chintzy and feel the need to innovate with thing laying around the house - here is an alternative to a store bought ash scraper. If you don't have one laying around, I bet a neighbor does and you can always buy the item at the hardware store as a last resort.[p]Use an 16 inch shelf bracket that is used for securing 12 inch wide wire closet shelving. Bend the support tab on one end to a 90 degree angle and leave the other at 45 degrees. You can also use this tool to lift of the cooking grate.
·

Comments

• Alan, The last time I bought a shelf bracket it cost me more than my ash scraper.:-)[p]N.W.

·