Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP!!!

1shot1kill
1shot1kill Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As many of you know, Lawn Ranger is my Dad. You may also know that he is putting together a meet and greet for his conference that will be catered by an outstanding group of eggers. Well, he has put enough faith in me to cook on the large that will be given away during this conference. My problem is that I will not be able to get there untill shortly after 4:00 pm and it kicks off around 6:00 pm. I was wondering if anyone could help me come up with a cool, fast, easy and good tasting idea that could be used as finger food that will awe the guests as well as the Lawn Ranger himself(which will be hard to do, since he is such and wonder on the egg) "hey a little as...err uhh butt kissing never hurts" :) So please fellow eggers I am at your mercy HELP!!
Your ideas and help are greatly needed and apreciated.
Thanks Ryan aka 1shot1kill

[ul][li]http://your[/ul]

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    1shot1kill,
    Abt's or wings would be good as an apertizer. Maybe try some smoked sausage skewered so thier easy to eat. How about some grilled shrimp or scallops wrap in proscuitto ham. I'll try to think up some more ideas later. LOL, Tom

• BajaTom,
    Thanks Man those are some good ones. But since Spring Chicken is gonna be there I aint even gonna try ABT's He is Da Man when it comes to those. I dont have to work today, so I might go pick up some sausage and shrimp and play around with it. I have never done shrimp, what is your prefered method?
    Thanks again,
    Ryan

• 1shot1kill, You can wok the shrimp and I'll do a turkey breast or two. Two hours is plenty of time. Email me if want to and we can make a plan...Tom

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    1shot1kill,
    I'm a simple kind of cook. Peel, devine,and season with your favorite rub then wrap and skewer. Grill for a few minutes at maybe about 350 to 400 dome temp until they turn a bright pink. We do scallops the same way. Both turn out great on the egg. Just dont over cook or turn to rubber. LOL, Tom

• BajaTom,
    sounds great I am gonna go pick some up here in a while. Thank you so very much
    Ryan

• 1shot1kill,
    Thanks for the compliment. You're getting pretty good at this ass-kiss'n LOL. I'll do some ABT's on your demo Egg for you 'til you get there. GrillMeister is making some too I think. Too many is ysually not enough. They also go good with just about anything liquid.[p]At least the demo Egg will be warmed up for you when you get there. I suppose you will want me to drink a couple of beers for you too until you can do it yourself.[p]Spring "Helping Claw When Needed" Chicken

• Leroy,
    You are Da Man. Thanks for your help, just leave a few cool ones for me hehehe!!!!
    cant wait to see yall again.
    Ryan

• 1shot1kill,[p]One word - bulgoki, alternatively called kalbi. It's beef shot ribs, sliced real thin across the bone, marinated in something flavorful that cooks up in a few minutes over high heat with lots of drama. There is a recipe in the bge site or just goggle it. [p]BTW, Mr. Earl is having a hard time with the 1shot1will handle, but I am sure I will get over myself.[p]

• aka mr. Earl,
    Thanks for the idea, that sounds great!
    What part of my handle are you having a hard time with?
    It's a Marine motto that I picked up in the Corps!
    "Every Marine is a Rifleman"
    1shot

• 1shot1kill,[p]Take a look at the mad max crab cakes on the DP site. Make twice as many, half the size. You'll need a non-stick veggie grid, or non-stick foil with pencil holes in it. They are fast to make and people rave about them. Use the 1 lb cans of lump crab meat at Costco in the meat/cheese/seafood area.[p]Consider Brats. Boil in beer, rub with mustard. smother in DP and cook direct 5 minutes/side. The egg makes great brats.[p]Abt stuffed mushrooms are a nice alternative to people that can't handle the heat of the ABT.[p]On a side note, my grocer tells me that the long skinny jalepenos are milder than the short stubby ones.[p]Ed
  • Ed in TX,
    My mouth is watering!! All of that sounds great. Thanks! I see you are in the great Lone Star State, are you gonna be able to make it? We would love to have ya!
    thanks again,
    Ryan

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    2004_0211_211512.jpg
    <p />1shot1kill,
    terryaki strips cook in about a minute and you can wing the recipe. i just added all you see here and they were better than any resteraunt. maybe because i used sliced ribeye
    2004_0211_213235.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman,
    Wow, those look great!! Thanks for the comeback! That just might be the easiest one yet. I will give it a try and get back with you.
    Ryan

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    1shot1kill,[p]Chicken wings dusted with Bad Byron's Butt Rub is as simple and tasty as it gets.[p]Just cut off the little winglet, wash the wings and let them drain in a colandar and toss them on the egg at 325.[p]Flip em quick so they have the same side up, then dust'em with Butt Rub. Quickly flip them over and dust'em again.[p]Now just give them a turn every 10 minutes for about 1 hour. At the end you'll have tasty crispy wings. A great finger food.[p]Let me know and I'll bring some Butt Rub with me.[p]Cheers,[p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GrillMeister,
    Thanks Ed. if you dont mind bringing the Butt Rub (that's just fun to say!) I will bring some wings. I would love to try those!
    Thanks,
    Ryan

• ryan
    you reminded me of a friend of mine in college. ..his dad had been a marine back in the 50s . . ..he still had his rifle handbook/bible and would sit around reciting passages from it. .. "my rifle is my friend". .."each bullet is a hit" ... ."keep me clean". .etc. ...by the time i knew him he was a 50 year old hippie so it was funny listening to him recite the passages... .. but he remembered them as they had been drilled into his head!!! . .[p]anyway, you just dredged up a fun memory. . . .thanks. ...[p]also reminds me of a t-shirt i once saw a marine wearing . ..on the front it said: "join the u.s. marine corp and visit far off exotic locations, meet many different and exoctic people, and.. ... " and on the back it said. .. ." kill them" . . ..[p]guess you had to be there ..[p]

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    quesadilla2.jpg
    <p />1shot1kill,[p]You could do some quesadillas. Everything can be cut the day before. Use large tortillas and cut them into wedges after folding.[p]quesadilla.jpg
  • Chuck,
    quesidillas are great. ...i like doing 'giada's' italian ones. . ..saute up onions and red peppers ....brush outside of tortillas with olive oil. ..put shreded fontina and parmesan cheeses (or mozzerella) and sauteed onions/peppers on them (you can also add some pancetta or procutto), and grill them on the pizz stone. .. .good stuff .. ..

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    Glad I could bring back a good memory. On the other hand I do not want to offend anyone with my handle. I am very proud to be a Marine and love this county dearly! I know you dont take offence to it, but please anyone who has mixed feeling about it, I am not trying to offend you.
    Semper Fi. and God Bless America.
    Ryan aka 1shot1kill

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]my buddy (and now a fellow egger) Madsapper was 82nd airborne in panama, desert storm and somewhere else, and just the other day we were slinging around that "This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine."[p]It's the marine corps rifle creed (not that I have to tell you that), but even the army boys admire that one.[p]
    [ul][li]The Rifle Creed[/ul]
  • Chuck,
    another great idea! I knew yall would all pull through and help me out! Now what in the world am I gonna make, I have so many great sugustions.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I have done them that way and you are correct, they are good. [p]I hope you and your family had a great holiday season. Hope to see you soon.[p]Chuck
  • DSCN2229.jpg
    <p />1shot1kill,
    I like Chucks idea of the quesadillas as well. Fast, easy and very tasty.