Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Picnic Roast Side Items?

trackmantrackman Posts: 47
edited 2:20PM in EggHead Forum
Cooked my first picnic roast today (about 3 lbs. with Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk) and was really pleased at how it turned out. Set the temp around 250 for 4 1/2 hours and then up to 300 for another hour works everytime.

PicnicPre-Cook_010306_Reduced.jpg

PicnicPlus4Hours_010306_reduced.jpg

PicnicPost-Cook_010306_reduced.jpg

As you can see I have plenty of room on the grill to throw some sides on to go with the meal. My only issue is that I'm not that inventive when it comes to adding on the side items to any cut of meat. Anyone know of a good book that might have a bunch of options? Preferably one with items that can be done on the grill to keep the focus on the outdoor kitchen.
·