Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Reheat Follow-up

Options
Charcoal Mike
Charcoal Mike Posts: 223
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning all -[p]Just wanted to follow up on my brisket reheat and to thank everyone for the suggestions. I ended up using following the old link from Dr Chicken and put the whole brisket in a casserole dish, and poured one can of regular Coca-Cola over top. I covered the dish with foil, and then into the oven at 275 for about 2 hours.[p]Folks, this was PHENOMENAL. It was better reheated than it was after a few hours in the cooler after it came off the egg. Tender, juicy, not overcooked at all, and the coke just turned into a wonderful broth - you couldn't taste the coke at all. It did not seem to affect the texture of the brisket - it was still quite firm and not at all like a pot roast (which concerned me at first). [p]Anyway, give this a try if you ever need to reheat a whole brisket. I was really really impressed.[p]Below is the original link.[p]Cheers ![p]- Mike

[ul][li]Dr Chicken's Brisket Reheat[/ul]