Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Jerky a success

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did the jerky thing. I marinated for a couple hours (soy, worcestershire, brown sugar, garlic, dried peppers), then cooked it for an hour at 200 on some foil. Flipped it and let it go about a half hour, then covered it with foil and went another couple hours. Took off half of it at that time. The rest of it I let cook all night closing all the vents and just letting it shut down nicely.[p]IT WAS DELISH. I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference between the long and short cooks. But next time I think I'll use a little LESS dried pepper. Yowie. My son ate a piece, drank half a glass of milk, ate a piece, drank half a glass of milk. With tears in his eyes says "it's really good mom, but maybe next time not QUITE as hot!" Ooh but what a healthy feeling. We finished off easily a half pound the first night. It's gone already. Another batch gonna happen this weekend. We're happy. And it was SOOOO easy.

Comments