Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket flat

Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My dad calls me up and says cook me a brisket. Fine, love to. He brings me a flat. Any ideas on cooking time and temp and does it come out just as tender and juicy as a whole brisket.[p]Thanks,[p]CWM

Comments

• CatCat Posts: 556
    Car Wash Mike,[p]The flat has less fat than the point, so it may not be quite as tender/juicy, but it Eggs up just fine. Is there a fat cap? If not lay some strips of cheap bacon on top.[p]I like a dome temp of 250. Figure 1.5 to 2 hours per pound, depending on thickness and this particular brisket's personality. It's done when you stick a fork in it and can't lift it up.[p]Cathy
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Cat, It does gave a fat cap but not a big. Since I'll be cooking a Mr. Toad's Pork loin right after that I'll have a few bacon strips to put on. [p]Thanks,[p]CWM