Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Beef Ribs Tastes?

Anthony Up NorthAnthony Up North Posts: 205
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I made 4 lbs of Beef ribs for the first time. Never ate beef ribs any time in my life. [p]Marinated these overnight in a strong marinade (with a apple cider and sherry as a base to break down the tough meat fiber.)[p]Qued them about 4 hours (low and slow) 240-50 over a drip pan with water in it. The ribs were moist, relatively tender, but not to my taste, nor to my wife's.[p]They were very greasy, had a strong beef taste, and much too much fat remaining. Is this typical of beef ribs or peculiar to the ones we had? [p]I know tastes vary. What one person likes another doesn't We love pork ribs, both spares and baby backs. We would grade these ribs a C. [p]What are your experiences and opinions about beef ribs?[p]Anthony[p]

Comments