Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carne Asada Flank Steak

Options
Eggecutioner
Eggecutioner Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am making Carne Asada Fajitas for new years eve. Here is the marinade I am going to use:[p]Tequila
Lime Juice
Lemon Juice
Orange Juice
Garlic
Onions
Black Pepper[p]And NO salt in the Marinade. I read that I should salt the beef while its cooking. After the juices start to come out one side, salt it, wait for the salt to liquify, then flip it. Repeat for other side.
I plan on throwing in some mesquite for flavor.[p]My question is this:[p]I have the ingredients in my hand right now, How soon should I start Marinading? I want good flavor, but I don't want to over power/ruin the meat.[p]Oh, by the way, I picked up a Choice Rib Roast at Sams for $4.99/Lb. They expire tomorrow, so they had to go!

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Eggecutioner,[p]I use a similar Mojo but add jalapeno, cilantro & olive oil. Several hours (for flank steak) seems to work fine for me.[p]Salt & pepper after removing from the Mojo.[p]Happy New Year
    ~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Sandbagger
    Options
    Eggecutioner, I cooked fajitas with a Tequila based marinade one time. The family did not like it at all. The tequila was overpowering and yes, I followed the recipe portions. If memory serves me correctly, I believe the marinading time was about 4 hours. If you have not made this recipe before, I recommend a test run. Good Luck Tom