Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

URGENT: Need cooking instructions for Leg of Lamb ASAP

edited 12:16AM in EggHead Forum
My BGE is warming up and the leg of lamb's been marinating overnight .. Can anyone provide simple cooking instructions for LEg of Lamb ..[p]Thank You.

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Howard H. Thaw,[p]Did you try these ones from the recipe section?[p]Cornfed
  • Cornfed,[p]I looked at them .. but I want to do the whole leg. Wondering if I should sear it first at a higher temp and then go down to something lower ..[p] Do you have any experience with Lamb ..

• ZipZip Posts: 372
    Howard H. Thaw,[p]
    350° indirect and about 20 minutes a pound. You may want to check the 1999 archive as well.[p]Ashley

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Howard H. Thaw,[p]Unfortunately I do not. Zip posted a reply above and I also know that JJ made a leg of lamb which was very highly regarded at the last Eggtoberfest so hopefully he will chime in.[p]Sorry I can't be of more help,

• Zip,[p]Thanks. It's on the roasting rack now ..[p]I'll let you know how it turns out ..

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Howard H. Thaw,
    As Zip stated' 350* for 20 min per lb to an internal temp of 160*. Cut several slits into the leg and insert a clove of garlic in each then rub the leg with rosemary. No searing just a steady dome temp.