Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

URGENT: Need cooking instructions for Leg of Lamb ASAP

edited 4:43PM in EggHead Forum
My BGE is warming up and the leg of lamb's been marinating overnight .. Can anyone provide simple cooking instructions for LEg of Lamb ..[p]Thank You.
·

Comments

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Howard H. Thaw,[p]Did you try these ones from the recipe section?[p]Cornfed
    ·
  • Cornfed,[p]I looked at them .. but I want to do the whole leg. Wondering if I should sear it first at a higher temp and then go down to something lower ..[p] Do you have any experience with Lamb ..

·
  • ZipZip Posts: 372
    Howard H. Thaw,[p]
    350° indirect and about 20 minutes a pound. You may want to check the 1999 archive as well.[p]Ashley

·
  • CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Howard H. Thaw,[p]Unfortunately I do not. Zip posted a reply above and I also know that JJ made a leg of lamb which was very highly regarded at the last Eggtoberfest so hopefully he will chime in.[p]Sorry I can't be of more help,
    Cornfed

·
  • Zip,[p]Thanks. It's on the roasting rack now ..[p]I'll let you know how it turns out ..

·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Howard H. Thaw,
    As Zip stated' 350* for 20 min per lb to an internal temp of 160*. Cut several slits into the leg and insert a clove of garlic in each then rub the leg with rosemary. No searing just a steady dome temp.

·