Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Guess What... I Don\'t Like Prime Rib

BBQBluesStringerBBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited 4:37PM in EggHead Forum
First, the stuff is expensive. I bought a 9 lb USDA Prime standing rib roast for just over a hundred dollars. I seasoned the outside and smoked it at 275 until the internal temperature was 110. Then I ramped up the temperature to 375 to brown up the crust and finish cooking. Pulled it at 135 internal and let it rest. The outside parts were delicious. The stuff in the middle was about as bland as milktoast and wasn't even all that tender. Had almost no flavor at all. The rest of the folks raved about it so I know it was cooked right, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. I was happy to send the leftovers home with the in-laws.