Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

wokking

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
has anyone tried to use their egg for stir fry????
can yo get it up to temperatures over 500 degrees

·

Comments

• sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    howard,[p]Never tried to use a wok on the egg but you can definitely get the egg over 500 degrees easily. It's not uncommon for folks here to sear steaks and burgers at 700 degrees or more. The egg can handle those temps and more just fine. Would be interested to know if you do try and use it for a wok and what your results are.[p]Troy
    ·
  • PujPuj Posts: 615
    howard,[p]I use a wok in the egg to do a vegetable stir fry. Here's the link to the recipe that's been submitted to the forum.[p]Puj

[ul][li]Taking Green Beans, Vidalia Onion and Peppers for a Wok[/ul]
    ·
  • CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    howard,[p]My Egg doesn't do a lot of wokking. Most of the time, it just sits around in its nest.[p]Cornfed
    ·
  • CsgCsg Posts: 17
    howard,I have done several recipes in a wok on my large egg and they turned out wonderful. You get your egg up to 400 degrees. Then put in your wok to heat leaving the bottom vent and top open. In a couple of minutes add oil and you are ready. If you want a great broccoli- beef recipe let me know.
    Carolyn

·