Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I know it's hard to believe, but I need some help!!!!!

Options
locolongball
locolongball Posts: 414
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was out of town, so told the wife to pick up the Ham..1st mistake. Anyway, it's a spiral cut. I'm afraid of it drying out. I'm cooking for some friends. Not family, these are some new friends, so I can't screw it up!! Ham is 9lbs and pre-cooked. In the past I've done 335 until internal temp is 165. Since this is cut, I'm going to keep the temp lower and slower. Add some smoke and just let it warm up. [p]Any tips, would be awesome!

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    locolongball,
    I got mine on right now, first time also. I got my egg indirect at 300 placed ham in a pan with a crisscrossed aluminum foil setup. Smoked for 1 hour, then wrapped tight. We will see about 2. Mine was 9.5lbs. Good luck,[p]Mike

• OH,
    The suggested time on mine 17 minutes per lb, or 115 internal temp. I'm going a little higher.[p]Mike

• locolongball
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]We'll see. I think I will wrap mine as well. You the man, and Merry Christmas.
  • Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    locolongball,
    you and Mike be careful not to scrooge things up. That ham is sliced, hence will loose alot of moisture, go low and slow with a pan of water or apple juice to keep it hydrated, and keep it tented. GL

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    locolongball,[p]The good thing is, that baby is ready to eat as is. All you need to do is warm it up. Let is sit out for an hour or so at room temperature. For the cook, I try to stay at lower temperatures around 250 so the edges of the slices don't dry out. And I warm them with the cut side down, in a shallow pan or a foil tray, wrapped in foil. This can be done in the oven or with an indirect set-up on the Egg. If you want to add some smoke, go very easy on it for 15 or 20 minutes, then wrap in foil and finish the heating.[p]A soda pop finishing glaze is easy. In a saucepan, mix up 1 cup of Dr. Pepper or Coca Cola with 1 heaping cup of brown sugar and 2 squirts of mustard. Simmer till it thickens a little. Open the foil & brush on during the last 15 minutes of the cook. Remove the ham, add more glaze, tent and rest.[p]Merry Christmas
    ~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery