Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cleaned, Felted and Doored

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Instead of cooking yesterday, I took advantage of some rare free time to do some much-needed maintenance to my Small BGE. First of all, I removed the innards and took out all of the ash. While the firebox was out, I was able to replace just the door part of the slide door and now that is moving as it should. Thank you Ed Fisher for the replacement part.[p]The final item was a replacement of the felt gasket. I seem to go through the gasket every three to six months. As part of the gasket replacement came a loosening and tightening of the bands in order to reseat the dome.
I replaced the insides and put the cover back on.[p]Tonight we will have Chicken fajitas cooked over mesquite charcoal.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments