Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Fire Bricks?

FrancoFranco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hate to be my usual stupid self, but where do you get fire bricks? Can you fined them a like Acme Brick outlets? They look like concrete blocks, but my guess is they are not. [p]Also do those of you who use them only use them when cooking indirectly?[p]Thanks, Frank

Comments

• sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    Franco,[p]Fire bricks can be found at a place that sells bricks. I found mine at a local chimney shop. They are usually not at a Lowes or Home Improvement store, at least not at my local store. There are a few different sizes, i think there is a 1 inch, 1 1/2 inch, and 2 inch, get a couple of each, and I paid about a buck a piece for mine. I use mine for cooking indirectly, put 2 flat on the grate and two on edge, making a "U" on the grate, then place the drip pan on them with a second grill placed on the top of this. Take a look at TimM's web site or Gfw, they both have pictures of their setups. I also use them to make a makeshift second grill by putting 3 on edge on the bottom grate, putting the food on that grate, then placing my other grate on top of the bricks making a 2 tier setup. Hope this helps, holler back if you need more information.[p]Troy
  • Franco, Menard's carries them...about 6 bricks for $11 I recall. They are in a box in the fireplace area - not out in the yard. ^oo^~