Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pepper Hamburgers????

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't know who posted the hamburger recipe that takes a hamburger and coats it in pepper and cooks on the egg and the last 30 seconds put blue cheese on, but this is the best burger I have ever tasted....Thanks.

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Robert P,[p]Don't know if I can take credit for the burger recipe you're talking about but I've posted a Blackened Blue burger recipe in the past. Its pretty awesome. I put some blackening seasoning on the burger, sear it quickly and dwell it, just like a normal burger, then for the last minute or so put some blue cheese on it and man, they are the best burgers I've ever tasted. There is a restaurant in Minneapolis that served these things and thats what gave me the idea. They stopped serving them for some reason, I really liked them when I visited. If you've not tried the blackening seasoning on them, give it a shot, especially if you like the pepper on them.[p]Troy
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Robert P,[p]I make most of my burgers this way. A little kosher salt then coat completely with ground black pepper. Grill on BGE until desired doneness and top with your favorite bleu cheese. JJ and some others have suggested putting the cheese on the inside of the burger. I've tried this and boy oh boy, is it ever scrumptious. For me, it all depends on whether I feel like stuffing the burger or not at the time of the cook.[p]In addition to the cheese, I like to add a nice slice of a Jersey tomato, some lettuce, some sliced onions, a couple slices of kosher dill pickles, a swipe of Mrs. Dogs Disappearing Mustard, and a packet of ketchup (the kind you get with takeout or delivered foods...I just never buy ketchup since I always seem to have a packet or two lying around...hey, I'm a bachelor!).[p]The other consideration is the bun. I like a medium size bakery fresh bun. Not so big as to compete with the cow, but not so small that it can't hold my toppings.[p]As for who came up with the method, not sure who mentioned the bleu cheese first, but I started coating my burgers with pepper on the suggestion of the one and only JSlot. His recipe for Pepper Encrusted Burgers (or something like that) can be found in the recipe section under beef.[p]Burger good,
    Cornfed