Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Reverse Sear Pit Beef ,,,YAHOOOOO, Good Stuff!

JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 192
edited 8:23AM in EggHead Forum
8eb3bb7b.jpg
<p />Nature Boy made it look so good I had to try it. Rubbed it down with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick and left it in the fridge overnight. I smoked it at 225 for about 3.5 hours to an internal of 140. It didn't take long on the small egg. Then I let the Guru puff the fire up to about 500 for a good sear. This roast was not 4 sided, more like a sirloin tip. 3 sides to sear. Here's a pic before the sear.[p]Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
·

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    JimboBQ,
    Is that direct using GrateMates???? or is there a drip pan I can't see. [p]Cheers,
    New Bob
    W/old eyes

·
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
    RoastBeef.jpg
    <p />JimboBQ,[p]That's lookin' Gooood.... there Jim!![p]The pic above is your cook...baas ackwards!![p]Sear...then indirect till 140 degrees.[p]Daaaaarn gooood, and easy, like you say!![p]RoastBeef2.jpg[p]have a great Christmas Holiday Jim!![p]Evans
    ·
  • JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 192
    New Bob,
    That's a GrateMates set up with aluminium foil over the BGE baking dish. That set up turns the small into a great little cooker.[p]Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
    ·
  • JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 192
    Chubby,
    Couldn't have done it without the GreatMates set-up. Thanks for a great product!
    Merry Christmas Evans and Happy Holidays to all on this here board![p]Jimbo

·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    JimboBQ,
    Looks great...BUT......the guru`s probes/wires will not handle 500°..hope the guru comes out as well as the beef...FWIW[p]Wess

·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    JimboBQ,[p]Thanks for the clarification. I am still in the process of setting up my small.[p]Regards,
    New Bob

·