Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Reverse Sear Pit Beef ,,,YAHOOOOO, Good Stuff!

JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 192
edited 2:49PM in EggHead Forum
8eb3bb7b.jpg
<p />Nature Boy made it look so good I had to try it. Rubbed it down with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick and left it in the fridge overnight. I smoked it at 225 for about 3.5 hours to an internal of 140. It didn't take long on the small egg. Then I let the Guru puff the fire up to about 500 for a good sear. This roast was not 4 sided, more like a sirloin tip. 3 sides to sear. Here's a pic before the sear.[p]Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
·

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    JimboBQ,
    Is that direct using GrateMates???? or is there a drip pan I can't see. [p]Cheers,
    New Bob
    W/old eyes

·
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
    RoastBeef.jpg
    <p />JimboBQ,[p]That's lookin' Gooood.... there Jim!![p]The pic above is your cook...baas ackwards!![p]Sear...then indirect till 140 degrees.[p]Daaaaarn gooood, and easy, like you say!![p]RoastBeef2.jpg[p]have a great Christmas Holiday Jim!![p]Evans
    ·
  • JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 192
    New Bob,
    That's a GrateMates set up with aluminium foil over the BGE baking dish. That set up turns the small into a great little cooker.[p]Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
    ·
  • JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 192
    Chubby,
    Couldn't have done it without the GreatMates set-up. Thanks for a great product!
    Merry Christmas Evans and Happy Holidays to all on this here board![p]Jimbo

·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    JimboBQ,
    Looks great...BUT......the guru`s probes/wires will not handle 500°..hope the guru comes out as well as the beef...FWIW[p]Wess

·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    JimboBQ,[p]Thanks for the clarification. I am still in the process of setting up my small.[p]Regards,
    New Bob

·