Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Getting Ready w/ Merry's Cherry!

locolongballlocolongball Posts: 414
edited 5:54AM in EggHead Forum
Getting ready for some holiday cooking, and I'm almost out of EVERYTHING. Placed an order for some Mary's Cherry Rub today. If you haven't tried this stuff you need to check it out. I picked some up at the Oklahoma Eggfest, and I'm already out! It's good stuff!

• ribs430pm.jpg
    <p />locolongball,
    That was a great find at OK. I've just tried on ribs, what other meats have you used?[p]Mike

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,378
    Hey Mike, you forgot to take the Saran wrap off those!!
    hehe. Man them thangs is shiny!
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • ribs5pm.jpg
    <p />Nature Boy,
    Is that a good thang or bad thang? Back one has KC Masterpiece (wife won't deviate a bit), the front is Bob-E Que sauce. Another great gift at OK.
    Pulled off 30 minutes later. That was actually my first try ever not foiling.[p]Mike

• locolongball,
    if you like that cherry rub you should try john henrys rubs. he makes a cherry rub, apple ru, wild cherry chipotle, orange dill, jalepeno, and may other flavors. apple is my all time favorite

Car Wash Mike,
    Not a bad thang, just visually the ribs looked like they were wrapped in liquid plastic. Dang. Now I'm hungry.
  • locolongball,[p]I like it on loin and chicken. It's awesome stuff. Well worth keeping in your spice cabinet...
  • JethroJethro Posts: 495
    locolongball,[p]Ok Stump's not around, so real quick - I like it with:[p]Loin
    w/pulled pork[p]but of course nothin beats a Merry's Cherry & Snapper combo![p]Jethro

Mary would appreciate that. Have you seen the names of her hot sauces?? Funny as hell.
  • JethroJethro Posts: 495
    Nature Boy,[p]No unfortunately I lead a pretty sheltered life. Sounds like she has a sence of humor though.[p]Regads,

• MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    <p />Nature Boy,[p]And I thought these looked good.[p]I'm right ther with ya Chris.[p]Yikes....................[p]Where ya been hiddin that photo?[p]Mick[p]
  • The place I work at part time has only been open since May. We have sold over 600 bottles od the Cherry rub. I know it's our best seller and we can't keep it in the store.

• Scrambled Eggs,[p]Sounds good, I'll look into it.
  • Car Wash Mike,[p]Chicken, pork loin, ribs. Tried on a Butt, didn't care for it my butt! ;-)
  • Scrambled Eggs,
    John Henry does have some excellent rubs. My all around favorite is the Mojave Garlic Pepper and the Hot Pecan is very good on ribs[p]Merry Christmas