Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs educate please

Options
The Walrus
The Walrus Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have never BB-Q ribs before. I have just read Ray's question and your responses. My question is. Are country ribs what I should choose if I want a real meaty ribs? The nice fatty ones right? Thanks. Fireball

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    the walrus, Country ribs are meaty and can be great. However, most of the time it is a reach to call them ribs - they are (I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong) slices of Boston Butt -they come in two variety - with and without bones. While I like country ribs (and I have done pork spare ribs and beef ribs) my favorites are still pork baby backs.[p]The best way to find the best for you are to make them all - probably at different times unless you are really hungry - lots of varieties of each and then decide.[p]It's a tough job, but only you can do it - Life is GOOD!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ [/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    the walrus,
    Gfw is right on. Choose spare ribs if you want nice thick meaty ribs. They like a longer cook than babybacks, but IMO are as good as babybacks if cooked correctly.[p]Country ribs are in a whole different league, as Gfw explained, and though shaped like a rib, is not a rib at all. The meat has a different texture altogether.[p]If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ