Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribs educate please

The WalrusThe Walrus Posts: 35
edited 3:12PM in EggHead Forum
I have never BB-Q ribs before. I have just read Ray's question and your responses. My question is. Are country ribs what I should choose if I want a real meaty ribs? The nice fatty ones right? Thanks. Fireball
·

Comments

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    the walrus, Country ribs are meaty and can be great. However, most of the time it is a reach to call them ribs - they are (I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong) slices of Boston Butt -they come in two variety - with and without bones. While I like country ribs (and I have done pork spare ribs and beef ribs) my favorites are still pork baby backs.[p]The best way to find the best for you are to make them all - probably at different times unless you are really hungry - lots of varieties of each and then decide.[p]It's a tough job, but only you can do it - Life is GOOD!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ [/ul]
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    the walrus,
    Gfw is right on. Choose spare ribs if you want nice thick meaty ribs. They like a longer cook than babybacks, but IMO are as good as babybacks if cooked correctly.[p]Country ribs are in a whole different league, as Gfw explained, and though shaped like a rib, is not a rib at all. The meat has a different texture altogether.[p]If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·