Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Slow Day in Peoria...

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
02_18_0013_54_04.jpg
<p />Temp in the high 70s and the humidity in the high 90s - summer in Peoria. On a rainy day there is little to do so I made some of Gfw's Black Bean Chili - a snack before dinner tonight.[p]While the chili was simmering I cut up a brisket for another batch of beef jerky which will be started promptly at sunrise (or a little before) tomorrow morning - I'm using the River City Beef Jerky recipe with Ole Daves variation for HOT JERKY. Haven't made his multi-level rack yet, but the jerky variation sounded great.[p]Best to all for a great weekend. [p]Life is GOOD!
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
·

Comments

• Gfw,
    What, no sweet potatoes???? I am astounded & astonished!!![p]My! My! What a waste of effort!!![p]Yuk! Yuk! Chuckle! Chuckle![p]Dr. C

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,330
    Gfw,
    Try a bunch of jerk seasoning (walkerwood, eatons or JA's). Delicious...and the long cook knocks down the spiciness.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    Nature Boy,[p]That last brisket I did was rubbed pretty liberally with jerk seasoning. It was great, the heat was still there though 'cause I basted the brisket for the last 10-12 hours with hot sauce. It was a great flavor combination though. I think I'm going to do some brisket jerkey tomorrow. I've not ever tried jerkey with brisket yet, will be interesting.[p]Troy
    ·