Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank God it's Friday...

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
08_04_0018_21_02.jpg
<p />More ribs...[p]These are what I call "Pull off the bone" ribs - if you need a knife, they just aren't right. [p]If the meat doesn't pull (notice the torn edges), they just aren't right. [p]Done by the 3/1/1.5 method - including an hour wrapped in foil, the results were about perfect. These ribs were just really great! [p]Try em, I'll bet you like em.
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Gfw,
    It does work - good method and wonderful results. Your killing me - I have to wait until Sunday.[p]Tim

• AndyR
    AndyR Posts: 130
    Options
    Tim M,[p]I'll be doing ribs later today and noticed the spares you did on your site. They look awesome. Should I adjust my temp since I'll be using a plate setter to create the indirect instead of the raised grill like you did? Thanks[p]AndyR

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    AndyR,
    An upside down plate setter works ell (Tim has a picture of this too) and the grate (sitting on the platesetters legs) is elevated nicely over a drip pan.[p]I use 275-300 dome temp for indirect ribs. Have tried lower and longer, but 4-5 hours or so at 275-300 seems to do the trick for spares. Have fun....ribs are nearly as fun as briskets!
    Happy weekend.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Nature Boy, What would we do without ribs? I looked in 4 stores yesterday for a brisket (for beef jerky) and found none - I have this feeling that there are too many people thinking BBQ is GREST. [p]Have a nice weekend![p]Life is GOOD!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Gfw,
    Got a brisket thawing now to try your idea of using that cut of meat! Gonna do a variation using the proportions for soy/sugar/and other key ingredients from your River City recipe, and polish it off with a quadruple dose of jerk seasoning. Nothing like jerked jerky.[p]BTW I brought a sample of the 6 pound brisket I cooked yesterday to the butcher at Giant food who found me that wonderful chunk. Another butcher was on duty, and looked at me like I was nuts.....I guess it is not too common for people to bring samples!! Betcha he went in the back and wolfed it down.[p]If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
    You have a great weekend too.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    AndyR,[p]Boy, its been awhile since I did spare ribs. When you use the setter, its pretty hard to screw up with too high of a dome temp. It allows you to go with higher temps (to cook faster) without burning. I am with Nature Boy on the 275-300 deg for 5 hrs. You will not hurt a thing if it goes 325 for 5 hrs either. If your in a hurry, you can bump it up to 350 for an hour at the end -- that's what the ceramic allows you to do. Enjoy.[p]I'll be doing two racks with the 3-1-1.5 method tomorrow on the raised grid.[p]Tim