Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thick Rib-Eye

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any ideas out there for time on a 2lb-3 inch thick rib-eye for medium rare. We saw a good looking recipe on Chillin & Grillin last night but I've never cooked a steak that large.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Big Cat,
    A 2lb ribeye?? Gees - never saw one that big. Maybe 5 min on each side and 10 in the dwell. ????????????[p]Tim

• Tim M,
    It did look like a huge piece of meat even on television. When it was finished he sliced thin pieces which really looked great.

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Big Cat,
    I've been doing large rib-eyes and T-bones on the Egg for some time. I still use 3 mins for the searing stage, @ 600 to 700 degrees and then like Tim said 10 to 12 minutes on the dwell. They should be right on the med to medium rare stage with that kind of approach. My large rib-eyes are 2" + in thickness! That should give you something to go on. The only seasoning I use, is some Montreal steak seasoning. It really does wonders on those big cuts![p]Good luck and happy eating![p]Dr. Chicken

• anchovysteak10.jpg
    <p />Big Cat,
    This is the best I've seen so far. Go to Alan Z's website and get his recipe.

[ul][li]Alan Z's website[/ul]