Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stupid Question, but need help

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a feeling that this question my get me run off the forum, but here goes. Is a pork shoulder the same as a boston butt? I need to cook 3 of them for a party Saturday night (Ga vs Ga Tech, Go Dawgs!). I bought them at Costco and just opened them and realized that the bone had already been removed. Any advice...or just proceed as normal via Dr. BBQ's book???

Comments

• Havanah Daydreamin",
    Stay the course, not a big difference, the bone adds flavor but I dont think you will notice a difference. [p]Egg Power

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Havanah Daydreamin",
    I am not sure why Costco started selling boneless butts. Yeah, that's what you got. They will cook a little faster, and are not quite as good as bone in, but otherwise cook the same as Ray recommends.
    Have fun!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    Havanah Daydreamin",[p]Speaking as a teacher, there is no such thing as a stupid question. Every question is important to the "student" asking it. And that is especially true on this forum, since so many of us are still learning how to get the most out of the Egg. [I've been Egging several times a week for several years, and I do not consider myself to be a real expert.][p]So keep asking!