Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BEST STUFFING RECIPE I'VE EVER TRIED

Seattle Todd
Seattle Todd Posts: 227
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In the spirit of the sharing which 'tis part of the Holiday season I thought I would offer this for anyone as yet undecided on their stuffing. Or for those stuffing freaks that make two or more kinds a year that are still looking for the alternate. This recipe is a little more involved than most but it's absolutely spectacular, works well in a crown roast as well. A meat grinder is required but it's a good excuse to bust out your KitchenAid mixer attachment.[p]This isn't a recipe from my family but that of a dear friend's Mother. So many people raved about it that several of us assumed that she would never share it and I finally asked after almost 10 years and she was more than willing. My wife HATES stuffing but goes nuts for this one. [p]Recipe:[p]Step1:
1 lb Ground Hot Italian Sausage
3/4 lb Veal Stew Meat
1/4 c butter
1/3 Dried Parsley
1 c Grated Parmesan (fresh is important here)[p]Melt the butter over medium high heat. As soon as it's foaming add the meat and saute until browned well. Proceed to grind meat into a bowl and mix with the Parsley and Parm. Set aside.[p]Step 2:
10 oz frozen package of spinach
1 Yellow Onion chopped
3 c Chopped celery
8 Peeled, Skinned Garlic cloves, minced or run through a press
1 TB Oregano
3/4 c Butter[p]Cook the spinach per the package instructions and squeeze out the excess water. Grind together with the Onion, Celery and Garlic. Add the Oregano to the mixture. Melt the butter over medium high heat in a skillet and add the ground mixture and lightly brown. Once browned set aside (you can add it to the bowl with the previously browned meat at this point).[p]Step 3
12 c Stuffing Mix (I use the coarsly ground but the cubes work as well) Seasoned or unseasoned doesn't really matter
1 1/2 T Cracked Black Pepper
6 t Kosher Salt (3 t 'normal' salt)
2 1/2 t Poultry Seasoning
2 t Rubbed Sage
1 - 1 1/2 cups turkey or chicken stock to moisten[p]Final step is to mix everything together and then moisten with the chicken stock.[p]Bake as you would any other stuffing or stuff the bird, you'll have extra.[p]

Comments