Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is it better on the bottom or the top?!

Options
locolongball
locolongball Posts: 414
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fellow Eggheads, [p]I know the majority of you light your egg like I do, from the top. However, the original instructions say to light the egg from the bottom. I use a MAP torch, and loving doing it that way. The only problem is that on my slow cooks the coals seem to burn straight down in the middle. So any wood chips on the sides never get used on my long cooks, just the ones in the middle.. Only happened once, but I actually ran out of fuel, and still had 3/4 a load of lump left on the outside edges of egg. Don't get me wrong, pork butts are coming out awesome every time, but I would like to get a couple more hours of smoke. And I know that meat only absorbs the smoke for a short period of time, I just want to watch it smoke all day long! [p]Nice subject line, huh! Got some of you guessing!!

Comments