Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

success

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thank you everyone! My first effort worked beautifully. I did a whole chicken on the vertical rack. I stuffed its little body with fresh rosemary and thyme and rubbed the skin with butter. I used a little Alder wood. My first firing was much easier than I would have imagined. I got it stablized at 325 and put him in. I couldn't resist checking at 45 minutes, but it was only to 150. Another 10 minutes and it was at 170. The only problem now, is that I smell like a bonfire. No one told me not to stand and watch! I wrapped some corn on the cob in foil and put it in for about 15 minutes. It turned out great too. The chicken was so moist, I thought it might not be done, but the juices ran clear and the internal temp was 175 in the breast. Is it really this easy, or did I have beginners luck? What else is easy to do?

Comments

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Newbee,[p]It really can be that easy, but sometime you may get stumped and that is why this forum is here. Other easy ideas are steaks, chops, pork tenderloins, turkey breasts, ect....[p]Zip

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Zip, you forgot to add that you have to turn the magic switch from "off" to "on" and back again..Its that easy..:-)
    C~W
    (well, once in a while ya get a old stewin hen like KOC did and it don't roast all that well..BTW..did his canoe sink?)

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Newbee,
    A few weeks ago I prepared some salmon fillet on the Egg. Later, Jim and I went to the movies and he mentioned that he thought someone sitting near us in the theatre was eating beef jerky. I told him it was just me, after Egging our dinner! We agree that it beats the heck out of Chanel No. 5.
    Cheers,
    G.