Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

success

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thank you everyone! My first effort worked beautifully. I did a whole chicken on the vertical rack. I stuffed its little body with fresh rosemary and thyme and rubbed the skin with butter. I used a little Alder wood. My first firing was much easier than I would have imagined. I got it stablized at 325 and put him in. I couldn't resist checking at 45 minutes, but it was only to 150. Another 10 minutes and it was at 170. The only problem now, is that I smell like a bonfire. No one told me not to stand and watch! I wrapped some corn on the cob in foil and put it in for about 15 minutes. It turned out great too. The chicken was so moist, I thought it might not be done, but the juices ran clear and the internal temp was 175 in the breast. Is it really this easy, or did I have beginners luck? What else is easy to do?

Comments