Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OUCH!

Options
locolongball
locolongball Posts: 414
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, on the new forum I'm listed has an "expert egger." So check out what this expert did today. So I did a couple of pork buts over the weekend, so I was running low on lump. So, I filled up the old fire box, put a tourch to it, went inside to season the breast......chicken breat! (I know what you are thinking Todd) Anyway, went back out and closed down the vents, around 350. Came out again with the chicken... checked out the ladies by the pool, then reached for my lawn ranger handle on the large egg, open the lid and blessed myself with a Flashback. :-( [p]We've got a lot of new users on the forum. I've done it twice, the very first time i opened my egg at Florida Eggfest, and tonight. [p][p]
[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/flash.htm[/ul]

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Hey Brian,
    I did it again Saturday while doing a demo cook for our local dealer. Fortunately, no one was watching at the time but I lost most of my eyebrows and lashes.....
    Hoping to see you at the Florida Eggfest. Best wishes to you and family.
    John

• locolongball,
    To prevent recurrance: A blanket hanging between the ladies at poolside and yourself.
    Now that I think about it, it is mostly (all?) guys talking about flashbacks. And in the spirit of helping and ingenuity that is characteristic of this list I am going to start making blinders (like horses wear) for men who BBQ. I will be taking orders soon, but will of course make some gratis for the listmembers once I figure out how to do it.
    "Better Blinders than Blinded"

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    egret,
    oh man, that's priceless.[p]flashback at a demo![p]thank god you had no audience
    i only usually embarrass myself in front of myself...(well, as far as the egg goes anyway)

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    stike,
    Yea, pretty priceless! I was cooking a whole chicken at about 350 degrees when this happened. I had read of these occurring at lower temps. but this is the first time I experienced one well below searing temps.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    locolongball,
    thats not bad, this weekend i melted my second mapp torch. had it balancing upsidedown in the egg, went inside to get a beverage when someone started a conversation. remembered the torch, ran outside, grabbed it quickly and threw. i still have fingers but the torch is history. ive done this twice now. at home i use a weed burner that doesnt balance, will have to get one of those for camp for safety reasons.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Snoopy Dog Dog
    Options
    locolongball,[p]Amber always told me she thought you would look better bald with no eyebrows...kind of a goth thing. :)[p]C