Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bourbon Chicken

ZipZip Posts: 372
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well we made up some bourbon chicken on the egg last night and boy what a team that is. It actually turned out better than what you get at the malls around here. I took just one taste and knew the major difference, it hadn't been sitting in a warming pan and gettin that warmed over chicken taste. We used boneless thighs last night with rice and steamed cabbage on the side. The cabbage steamed real well in the egg in a stainless bowl with a trivet in the bottom and foil sealing the top. [p]I had some marinade left over and did some wings for lunch and they were equally as good. [p]Zip
·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Zip, tell me more about that steamed cabbage. What did ya add to the mix, or just steamed the raw cabbage..shredded?
    Thats another thing I would have to add to kraut to cook downwind from the wiffy :-)[p]

·
  • ZipZip Posts: 372
    Char-Woody,[p]Just cabbage, water, fried meat grease, and a pinch of baking soda. I cut it half and sliced in 1/2" pieces and separated the sections.[p]I hope this helps[p]Zip

·
  • Zip, hoookay...bacon grease I betcha would work..Thanks.[p]
    ·
  • ZipZip Posts: 372
    C~W,[p]Yep, there is usually some of that in the grease pot. You know us poor old Southern country boys recycle everything. [p]Z

·