Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

USDA Tri - Tip Information

ZipZip Posts: 372
edited 5:44PM in EggHead Forum
beef_1550_278336
<p />I received a request for this webpage a couple of times over the last few days so I'll post the link again. If you have a butcher that give you that look when you ask for a "Tri-Tip" roast, print this out and take it to them. Tell them the IMPS number is 185c or 185d for a trimmed tri-tip roast. [p]
Zip [p]

[ul][li]Tri - Tip Information[/ul]

Comments

• Zip,
    I'll add it to my collection of info on Tri-Tip. I did a post last Oct 1999 the 27th I think on most of the info O had at the time on Tri-Tip. There is a video available that tells how to cut a Tri-Tip as I understand it.
    Grillin bill

• ZipZip Posts: 372
    Grillin Bill,[p]They are a sweet piece of meat and it is a shame they are so hard to get at times.[p]Zip