Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

USDA Tri - Tip Information

ZipZip Posts: 372
edited 1:36PM in EggHead Forum
beef_1550_278336
<p />I received a request for this webpage a couple of times over the last few days so I'll post the link again. If you have a butcher that give you that look when you ask for a "Tri-Tip" roast, print this out and take it to them. Tell them the IMPS number is 185c or 185d for a trimmed tri-tip roast. [p]
Zip [p]

[ul][li]Tri - Tip Information[/ul]
·

Comments

• Zip,
    I'll add it to my collection of info on Tri-Tip. I did a post last Oct 1999 the 27th I think on most of the info O had at the time on Tri-Tip. There is a video available that tells how to cut a Tri-Tip as I understand it.
    Grillin bill

·
  • ZipZip Posts: 372
    Grillin Bill,[p]They are a sweet piece of meat and it is a shame they are so hard to get at times.[p]Zip

·