Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The Salt of the Earth

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited 5:04AM in EggHead Forum
I recently purchased some sea salt from Southern France that is naturally flavored by the wind blowing across lavender fields as the sea salt dries. I had originally heard about it on Food Network but had never seen it. My BGE supplier of all people had it. I am not quite sure that I know what to do with it, but I will figure something out and I am open to ideas.[p]To continue the story, as I made my way home with my new treasure, I stopped by the Hot Pepper Store. They are always interested in the strange and unusual. While I was there letting them sample my newfound treasure, another customer told me about The Grain & Salt Society. He was really into salt. He told me that they sell a special grinder that is made for salt.[p]Just sharing,
RhumAndJerk

[ul][li]The Grain & Salt Society[/ul]
·

Comments

• g-og-o Posts: 39
    RhumAndJerk, My wife and I use that salt exclusively. It is wonderful stuff. We get it from a place in Quebec. After you read about how bad the processed salt is for you and how good this salt is, and especially after you use it for awhile you won't go back to so-called table salt.
    Gord

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Salt_Pepper_small.jpg
    <p />RhumAndJerk, we quit using table salt a few months ago - we haven't gone quite as fancy as you, but we have changes to kosher salt ground from a salt mill. The attached link is from a post in the past - SALT!

[ul][li]Salt - All you ever wanted to know[/ul]
    ·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Salt_Pepper_small.jpg
    <p />RhumAndJerk, we quit using table salt a few months ago - we haven't gone quite as fancy as you, but we have changes to kosher salt ground from a salt mill. The attached link is from a post in the past - SALT!

[ul][li]Salt - All you ever wanted to know[/ul]
    ·