Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Greese

edited 11:50AM in EggHead Forum
First time to post in a while.[p]Love the Egg and the Forum.[p]New question: Been an Egg owner for about a year and a half. This is the first time I have had this problem. I have the grill extender.
It works pretty good. I am not sure about the folding legs, though. I cooked 5 5.5 lb hens on saturday. No drip pan. I have cooked up to 4 before with no problem. Here is my problem. I had 1/8 inch of greese in the very bottom of the egg. How do you clean this out?
This has never happened before. [p]Thanks in advance.[p]Mccarty

Comments

• ZipZip Posts: 372
    Mccarty,[p]Just mix with the ashes and you can scoop it out. A piece of plastic cut from a plastic bleach jug works good as a scraper. The top makes a cheap scoop as well for the coal.[p]Z

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Mccarty, Thats a lot of chicken and grease. Try to think of some arrangement to catch all or part of that with a drip pan. Tough to regulate the fire/temps also I think.
    Cheers..C~W[p]