Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A fine Veterans Day, and a mushroom recipe

Options
Borders
Borders Posts: 665
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm not a Veteran, but I am a son-of-a-vet. The young ones had the day off, so we went to a local park to enjoy blue skies, perfect temps, and my small egg. The kids got burgers and dogs on the park grill, and the adults got Dizzy Pig crunchy wings, stuffed shrooms and finally abt's. Whew![p]I've been working on a stuffed shroom recipe, and today I got the thumbs up. [p]Ingredients:
12 big button mushrooms-stems and gills cleaned out
1/2 box Near East mushroom couscous and 1/2 seasoning package
1 Boars Head proscuitto and provolone roll
1 tablespoon Ken Stone's EZ Life rub (smells so good in this recipe)[p]Put the couscous and seasoning in a bowl and add very hot (185F) just to cover the couscous. Mix the water couscous and seasoning real well. Put about 1 teaspoon or so of the couscous to cover the bottom of the shroom. [p]Cut a slice of the proscuitto roll and trim it so that it fits well in the cap. Sprinkle with EZ Life:
DSCN1959.JPG?dc=4675547259450472239[p]Grill indirect til purty. I used peach smoke and it was nice:
DSCN2001.JPG?dc=4675547259464337030[p]Here's a pic from another earlier batch. The barely cooked couscous absorbs the excess juice from the shrooms:
DSCN1973.JPG?dc=4675547261456046987[p]Cheers to all you Vets and many thanks:
DSCN2000.JPG?dc=4675547259458250902[p]Scott[p][p][p][p]