Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Turkey Experiment

SmokingInMOSmokingInMO Posts: 169
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Getting ready for thanksgiving and I thought I would do a turkey trial run this weekend to make sure everything is going to work out okay.
Thanks to someone (don't remember who it was), that posted the picture of the turkey with the two lemon halves slide underneath the breast skin, it gave me an idea.
I have read through madmaxes recipe and thought of an alternative to the ice sitting on the breast for 20 minutes before the cook. Tonight I am going to cut a lemon in half and stick it into the freeezer, tomorrow I'll slide them under the skin just like in the picture and see if this has the same effect as icing the breast down, plus maybe add some flavor in the process. I figure within 30 minutes or so of cooking the lemon will thaw and hopefully (fingers crossed), make the breast and thighs done at the same time.
If it works I am gonna call it the Double D Cup Turkey recipe.

Comments