Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Coca-Cola Brisket Marinade-Lost recipe!

HammerHammer Posts: 1,001
edited 3:54PM in EggHead Forum
I lost the recipe for the Coca-Cola Brisket marinade; it recently appeared in a monthly publication, and I can't find it. Does anyone have a coca cola brisket marinade? I've checked the archives; but it is limited.
Thanks for your help!
Hammer

Comments

• Coca-Cola Ribs[p]Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :
    Categories : None[p] Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

4 pounds pork ribs
    3 cups Coca-Cola or Dr Pepper
    3 cups ketchup
    1 cup packed dark brown sugar
    6 tablespoons chili powder
    4 tablespoons ground black pepper
    2 tablespoons dry mustard
    1 tablespoon ground cinnamon[p]Transfer the ribs to a large non-reactive glass or ceramic dish pour 2 cups of Coca-Cola or Dr Pepper over them. Reserve the third cup of the soda for a sauce to be made later. Let the ribs marinate, tightly covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated, overnight.[p]About 6 1/2 hours before you plan to serve the ribs, start a fire in your smoke/cooker and begin heating a quantity of coals. Then turn your attention to the sauce.[p]Pour the remaining 1 cup of soda into a blender or food processor and measure in the catsup, brown sugar, chili powder, pepper, dry mustard, and cinnamon. Mix until smooth and well blended. No need to cook this one, as least for now.[p]Add some well-soaked aromatic wood such as hickory or mesquite to the glowing coals in your cooker. Set a pan filled with hot water in place, and smoke cook the ribs, covered at 220 to 240F. for about 3 hours.[p]After this initial smoking, turn the ribs, slather them with the sauce, check the supply of wood and water in their respective pans, and continue cooking for another 3 hours, this time turning the ribs every 30 minutes and mopping them with sauce each time they're turned. By the end of the 3 hours, they should have long since reached the internal temperature of 160 to 170F recommended for pork.[p]After the last basting of the ribs, tote the remaining sauce inside and simmer in a medium-size saucepan over low heat until quite thick.[p]Serve the gloriously gooey sauce in dipping bowls with the finished ribs.[p]Source: Where There's Smoke, There's Flavor by Richard Langer

• HammerHammer Posts: 1,001
    Chef Arnoldi,
    Thanks Chef! I'll try the recipe. Is the book by Richard Langer you referenced available at a local book store?Hammer

• i don't have the book, but was able to find the recipe in my saved "recipe e-mail" folder
    how is the wine business ? - this is your time of the year [ i know, since i was in the wholesale side of it for 15yrs - Ga. Crown Dist in Atlanta - going fot our reunion of ex-sales guys on Dec 15th and i am sure we'll have a blast remeniscing the "good old days"]

we sold Kenderman, Antinori, callaway, firestone, seghesio, christian Bros., Franzia, Matanza creek, and all the top dollar seagram's, jim beam + beers + perrier & other waters

Have an enriching holliday season :cheer: