Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rec. for Troy: Chimayo rubbed steaks w/Serrano mayo

SandiSandi Posts: 107
edited 8:56AM in EggHead Forum
For the steaks, I had 6 rib-eyes, I used about 1 cup of chimayo chile powder (this is a pure mild chile powder) and covered each side of steaks. Put them in glass dish, drizzled about 1/2 cup of olive oil over. Would prefer to let them sit longer, like over night, but only had 6 hours this time. Grilled them to everyone's desired temp.[p]Serrano Mayo:[p]5 fresh serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded & chopped
1 TBSP white vinegar
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, stemmed & chopped
1 egg yolk
juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 cups olive oil (NOT extra virgin[p]Place all ingreds in food processor except oil. Process thoroughly to a mash consistency. With the motor running, slowly add oil in a thin steady stream, continue processing until mix thickens and emulsifies. Cover and refrig. till serving time.[p]Enjoy!

·

Comments

• Sandi,
    Hi Sandi, Do you mind if I ask where you got the Chimayo
    chili powder, I havent been able to find the real stuff.[p]Thanks,
    Dylan

·
  • SandiSandi Posts: 107
    Q.N.E. tyme,[p]Troy, you can order it online from www.salsasetc.com
    ·
  • sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    Sandi,[p]Excellent, thanks for the recipes. I'm planning on trying some of the mayo after work today. I have a harvest of fresh serranos and anaheims that I picked at lunch today. As well as a bunch of romano tomatoes. BLT's sure sound like a winner for dinner. Thanks again.[p]Troy
    ·
  • Sandi,
    Thank You Sandi for giving out the address for the Chimayo
    chili powder.[p]Dylan

·