Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

country Ribs and BGE - Made for Eachother

sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
edited 1:20AM in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]I've been absent for awhile as far as posting goes but have been following the forum as much as I can. Been egging too but nothing too experimental, just the same old stuff, steaks, burgers, salmon, a butt or two. Seems like work and home have kept me busy lately. Good problem to have though, sure makes life interesting and enjoyable.[p]I did some country ribs this weekend, nice and easy but they sure are good. I picked up some on sale this weekend at Wal Mart, was doing some other shopping and they just jumped out of the cooler into my basket. So, as I was working outside on Sunday, I had the smell of some wonderful ribs to keep me company.[p]Nothing unusual, I had 8 ribs, rubbed them with some rib rub I have, then cooked them direct for about 3 1/2 hours at 190-220. I basted them with some homemade sauce for the last hour to bake it on a bit. At 6:30 we ate them with some fresh picked green beans from the garden. Good meal. The BGE and ribs were definitely made for eachother, they were tender, moist and tasty, a nice way to end the workday.[p]Troy - Still eggin - just in lurk mode lately