Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheesecake pic and recipe

Options
Chef Wil
Chef Wil Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSCN0453.jpg
<p />Chocolate Jack Daniels Pecan Pie Praline Cheesecake[p]Crust:
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
1 cup pecans, chopped fine
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
combine all ingredients, stir well, press mixture in a ( 9 inch ) cheesecake pan
bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes and remove from oven, lower oven to 275 degrees[p]Fillings:
First filling is cheesecake filling
3 ( 8 oz ) packs of cream cheese softened
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons pecan praline liquor
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth
Pour into cheesecake pan and place in freezer for 1 hour.[p]Second filling is pecan pie filling
1 cup white sugar
1 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup melted butter
pinch salt
1 cup pecan halves
1 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup Jack Daniels Black Label
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
4 large eggs, slightly beaten
mix all ingredients and pour on top of cheesecake batter
( slowly to keep from mixing both fillings )[p]bake at 275 in a water bath for about 1 and ½ hrs or until the center of pecan pie is set.
Freeze overnite, cut into 12 servings
Serve at room temp with vanilla ice cream

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    I`m droolin over here...man that looks and sounds awesome...Thanks[p]Wess

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    That photo obviously calls for one of those "what a horrible looking thing, you obviously can't eat it, if you will send it via courier to the following address, I'll help you get rid of it" posts. WOW![p]By the way, let us know if you find a way to include even more goodies into the recipe. How about M&M's on top? LOL![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Chef Wil
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I started to make it on a chewy brownie bottom. Jack Daniels and m&m's ?...... uh huh thats me !!!

• bbqwizard
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]WoW! that looks awesome, and I see stuff like that all day. Thanks forposting the recipe.[p]phillip
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]Looking good. I'm still working on pumpkin cheesecake. Please, no more cheesecakes until I get 1 done. [p]Mike
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    WOW!!! I was wondering what I could do with that bottle of Black Jack I've had in my bar for a couple of years. Now I know. Something like that has to be good for you because it has all of the required food groups. (Or is that the AVOID food groups?) I doubt mine will turn out like that but its worth a try.[p]Spring "Got Me A Pie Project" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Chef Wil, Do you think one of those grahm cracker crusts would work just as good with that?

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Chef Wil, Never mind, I answered my own question. NO stoopid!!

• Chef Wil
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    use sumptin else please, hold that Jack cuz I wanna make it a memorable visit in Spring. A few shots of Jack and off we go to that pepper village near your house.

• Chef Wil
    Options
    Sigmore,
    LOL
    now thats a Priceless answer....... hehehehe~burp...hehehe

• Chef Wil
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    jus pulled out that Kaluha Cake out the oven, makes my wife smell even sweeter than before.....yum

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    Thanks pal. LOL[p]Mike

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    First of all that is an awesome looking dessert there my friend!![p]It seems like you used pecan pie filling on the bottom, then the cheesecake filling and then topped with the pecan pie filling with the pecans in it. Or did the pecan pie filling just run down and blend at the bottom?[p]I hope this wasn't one of those shut up Bobby-Q you weren't supposed to notice deals...lol

• Chef Wil,
    That Sir, is a great idea. We have varment proof bedding, hot and cold inside running water and indoor necessary facilities. All we need is someone to put it to use. And the pepper place is but a couple of minutes away. Bring your self on.[p]Spring Chicken and Spring Hen
    Spring Texas USA

• DTM
    DTM Posts: 127
    Options
    Yo SC,
    What's the deal on the pepper place? As a diehard chili head
    I'm always looking for new and different pods. Have a niece in Houston that maybe able to do the local ground stuff.
    Thanks,
    Dan
    P.S.
    Been back to Roaring Springs lately?

• Chef Wil
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    on contrare my friend, I was amazed meeself. I just made this cake according to the recipe I made. I never seen this before but you know in the food industry, somewheres somehow, somebody did it 100 times. I dunno how it happened but the 2 cheesecakes I made ended up with the pecan pie filling going under the cheesecake and above the cake is very little filling and all the pecans. its probably due to the weight of the filling versus the cheesecake filling. hmmm ???

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Dave's Pepper Palace - The chile headquarters of Texas! Over 1200 different hot sauces, salsas, rubs, marinades and cookin' hot products.
    Address: 26506 Keith St. in Old Town Spring
    Phone: 281-288-5959[p]I didn't know about it until Chef Wil mentioned it. I visited the store once and it is absolutely full of hot sauces and spices.[p]Tell your daughter it is just to the east of I-45 North at the 2920 exit in Spring.[p]Spring "Can't Take Really Hot" Chicken[p]

• Bobby-Q
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    I wondered if that might have been it. I've only made one pecan pie that had pecans throughout and my pastry prof was begging me to show him how I did it..lol. I actually baked that pie 3 times, it was dry as all heck, but the pecans were beautifully distributed throught the pie.[p]If I'm trapped on a deserted island with a bunch of pecans and a bunch of styrofoam, I'm making my life raft out of pecans because they float better than styrofoam.[p]I'm definitely gonna try this one, it just looks too danged good.

• Chef Wil
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    I wanna try pre cooking the pecan filling in a skillet on low fire, then pour it in the pie and have it set in the oven for about 20 minutes. I wonder if that would work ?

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Here is his web site Leroy.
    Larry

[ul][li]Daves Pepper Place[/ul]
  • Bobby-Q
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    It would work, be careful of the heat like you said to avoid the bad things that you are already aware of...:)[p]It might dry out a little but I doubt you could notice it with all the sugar and fat in the other ingredients.[p]Let us know how it works out...with pictures and smellovision if possible.