Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bricket Question

Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
At about 9:30 last night I put a 5.5lb brisket on the egg (at about 225*). By this morning, temp had risen to almost 250*. Polder temp said 201*. so I pulled it off, wrapped it in foil and she's now sitting in a cooler with a few warm towels.[p]My question is , does 9 hour sound a bit fast for a bricket to cook? I bought the bricket from Sams and was a little disappointed that the fat-cap had beened trimmed to about 1/4 of an inch.[p]What do I do now, Let it rest? Let it smoke more?[p]Smokey

Comments

• Csg
    Csg Posts: 17
    Smokey,I think the brisket will be fine. I had the same experence with an 11 lb brisket. I awoke to find it done in 16 hours. It was so tender that I could have made pulled beef with it. Enjoy.
  • Smokey
    Csg,[p]Thanks for the words of encouracement! I actually just pulled it. Not as tender as an 19 hou Boston Butt, but very good (just had to taste).[p]Smokey

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Smokey,
    Seems to be the season for fast moving chunk-o-chests! 1/4 inch fat cap is perfect! You are lucky they don't cut all the fat off like these dummy butchers do up here. [p]In fact I have a 3 pound flat to cook tomorrow. It has absolutely no fat cap, so I will have to give it some help.[p]Let that baby rest....it is done! Will be steaming hot for you at luchtime.[p]Have fun!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Smokey
    Nature Boy,[p]Thanks! Can't wait to eat![p]Ya know, October is only three months away![p]Smokey