Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Mini Butt Results

FritzFritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the mini performed well. About 5.5 hours after putting on a 2.75# butt in the mini the polder hit 196* and I declared it done. The temp hovered between 200* and 250* for all of that time. I had the lid on and adjusted the temp with the bottom vent only.[p]This cut of meat was a bit more lean than other butts we had, so it did not pull as well as others. I am not sure this cut was a true butt, we bought it in at the local supermarket when we decided to try one today. They had it labeled as a sholder blade roast. I have used this before from the same market with good results, but not this time. I could tell it was a differnt cut when I opened the package, there wasn't a bone in it at all.[p]Oh well, we had a decent meal and learned a bit about slo/lo on the mini.[p]Tomorrow we will adjust the bands on the mini.[p]Fritz[p][p]It's kind of tricky

Comments