Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got some beautiful 10/12 count shrimp this morning and I've got them marinating in my "Margarita" marinade. Question. What temperature and method is best? I'd like them with a little "sear" on the outside, smokey flavor and juicy on the inside.
I've done these on other pits, but not this one. Any ideas?[p]Larry

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    S11_24_9918_55_01.jpg
    <p />Larry, Teslamania posted a recipe and method a while back - I've used it several times always with success...[p]
    ====================================================
    Posted by Teslamania on November 22, 1999 at 19:33:47:[p]I did a pound of medium shrimp on the Egg last night. Cleaned and shelled. Then put in a marinade for about 30 minutes. [p]Marinade:
    1/3 cup oil
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    1 spring onion chopped
    2 cloves garlic crushed [p]Skewered on pre soaked bamboo skewers. Did them on the egg at 350 for two minutes per side. They were great.
    ====================================================[p]Good Luck!
    [p]

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Stuart
    Stuart Posts: 110
    Options
    Larry,[p]Keep in mind that a seafood marinade whicn includes citrus as an ingredient will actually begin to cook the shrimp/fish etc itself without heat. Just MTC.
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Gfw,
    I have made this recipe several times with outstanding results. The only thing I do differently is to sprinkle a little Old Bay Seasoning on the shrimp just before going on the Egg. Usually the shrimp are about 20 to 24 count. With 10 to 12 count, Larry might have to leave them on for 2 1/2, maybe 3 minutes per side.
    JimW