Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need "Mini" V-Rack....

FritzFritz Posts: 179
edited 10:24AM in EggHead Forum
We are doig a 2.75# pork butt today (like now) in the mini. The v-rack we have is too big dor the mini any suggestions on fashioning a makeshift one?[p]Thanks.[p]Fritz
·

Comments

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    miniring.jpg
    <p />Fritz,
    I know you don't have time now,but when you do, get a 8 inch pie pan and a extra 9 inch grill from the egg store,makes a good drip pan and rack,i think a v-rack will be to tall.I took a lot of pictures in Fla.of the mini loaded to the gills,maybe Bryan will post them for me,i need to break down and buy a scanner.
    YB

·
  • FritzFritz Posts: 179
    YB,[p]Yeah, I do need to do that. Today I am taking a small aluminum foil drip pan and taking a few small sheets of aluminum foil, rolling them up to forfour short rods and one long one. I am then placing these in the drip pan and resting the meat on top. I think this is gonna work.[p]Fritz
    ·
  • VaDaveVaDave Posts: 21
    Fritz,
    Good thinking....that's what the "real chefs" do. Professional chefs sometimes skip the fabricated metal rack altogether (another piece of single purpose equipment in a crowded kitchen, after all), and use the rolled-up/bunched up foil method. Basically, anything to elevate the butt off the bottom of the pan will do the trick, though as others have pointed out, if the pan has high sides you may need to turn it.

·