Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tri-Tip

CampCookCampCook Posts: 157
edited 11:50AM in EggHead Forum
I was inspired by the tri-tip posts last week. Did one tonight (sorry, no time for pics) I made a paste of dijon and minced garlic. Smeared the roast up good about an hour before the cook. At 250 dome waited for 125 internal then after 15 minute rest, I seared. Then thin sliced acrost the grain. Great flavor. Definitely will do it again.
Served with butter sauted mushrooms and garlic with wine finish, buttery carrots with macadamia nuts, and salad.[p]Room for improvement. I need to get my sears more even. I left the GURU pushing the flames for this one. I got some hot spot burns and other places with little crust.