Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

QBabe's Coffee Crusted Pork Tenderloin Question

Options
Trouble
Trouble Posts: 276
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to cook this forum favorite tonight for the first time. I don't have all the stuff I need (including that elusive stuff called "time") for the sauce. But I could get it if you all feel like it's really important. So the question is should I:
1. cook the pork tenderloin without the sauce--it's so good that it stands just fine alone.
2. get everything I need and make the time--it's worth every second.
3. wait until this weekend when I have more of the elusive stuff.[p]Your thoughts, please and thanks![p]Trouble

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Trouble,[p]You know, I love these stupid tenderloins. They are probably the one thing that keeps me from going Kosher and I'm not kidding. I'm not that strong to avoid a good tenderloin. Sigh. [p]This one is great as a standalone. I made the sauce once and it is also fab, but not necessary. Try it without and if you feel it needs something, do the sauce next time.[p]mShark
  • RocketMan
    Options
    Trouble,[p]MAKE THE SAUCE!!!!!!
    If you have to pass on either the meat or the sauce, pass on the meat! ;-)[p]The sauce is great on lotsa things - burgers, mashed spuds, various small animals...[p]- Andy

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    RocketMan, I second that emotion!!! You're so right that is a terrific multiple use sauce.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    Trouble,
    Man, you guys are killing me. [p]I'll promise to make the sauce. Next time.[p]But tonight I gotta go with Mollyshark (and happy birthday, Monica!). A tight timetable and a standalone vote from a reputable egger tips the scale. [p]I'll report back with the compare/contrast writing assignment.[p]Thanks, everybody.

• Trouble,
    I made this last weekend w/out the sauce and it was great. I think you will get rave reviews. And to quote RRP(I think) make the sauce next time and you will kick the compliments even farther down the road.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Whitetail,
    yup that was me and I tried to steer Whitetail toward it tonight but alas the rascal doesn't have time and will run his loin nekked!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.