Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

dessert for a crowd

Options
Dawgtired
Dawgtired Posts: 632
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My darling daughter has signed me up to make dessert for 50 to a 100 people for a church function. Bless her heart! Giving her up for adoption was my first thought. Any other thoughts or suggestions will be most welcomed.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    dawgtired,
    Have you considered just disowning her??? Wait till she walks outside and changing the locks??? <grin>[p]Seriously, Ms. Alyce's Baked Apples is excellent, and easily scaled up or down to suit any crowd that descends on you.[p]Ken

[ul][li]Mr. Toad's Ms. Alyce's Baked Apples from the archives[/ul]
  • Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    dawgtired,
    Tell your daughter she has to clean the neighbors yards to earn the money so you can make the desserts, she'll never off DAD's services again..........LOL[p]Bread Pudding, is easy, serves well, and cheap.

• bbqwizard
    bbqwizard Posts: 119
    Options
    dawgtired,

Make up some texas sheet cake. Pretty easy to make and oh so good. Anything made in a cookie sheet size pan is pretty good for feeding a large crowd. This way you can cut it up into whatever size piece you want. I would say use a (commercial) size sheet pan, but most home ovens can't support the size. So, a cookie sheet works instead. Here are a few suggestions:

Texas sheet cake (as already stated)
    carrot cake
    brownies with caramel and your choice of nut (some with, some w/o)
    pecan diamonds
    pumpkin bars w/ pecan crust
    blondies

If you want to get a little fancy, you could make:

Profiteroles (small cream puffs)
    mini eclairs
    upside-down caramelized apple walnut pie
    or, as someone else has stated, you could bake apples. I like to stuff them with snickers bars.

And the list goes on...........

Phillip

p.s. make sure your daughter helps:)